- We finished our four weeks in San Vito dei Normanni in authentic style. Gino and Luisa fired up the forno and we had pizza, focaccia, and bread that could not have been fresher or better.
- We loved the house at San Vito but on Saturday we moved about 10 kms over to the big house just outside of Carovigno. Pauline got straight into the swing of things ….
- This is the view from the roof terrace over to Ostuni
- Tuesday we went to Masseria Brancanti – the farm has been in the family for 200 years, but the oldest tree is carbon dated to 1000 BC – pre-Roman!! The farm is organic and most of the trees date to the roman times. We bought olive oil – we now know what to look for and how to taste.
- We said goodbye to Pauline, (our first house guest), on Wednesday and spent yesterday on the beach. Torre Guaceto is our local and is a really nice beach – clean and quiet.
- Today is hot and sunny, so with the Campbells and Hughes due here on Sunday we are having a rest day. My weekly dose of WTF came at the supermarket this afternoon – an old nonna walked in with an open bag of something being held together by a clothes peg. She then proceeded to berate the poor bloke on the checkout, handed him the bag, strode into the supermarket, collected the desired replacement, (that looked substantially bigger than the offending bag), and walked out with the new bag while giving him another gob-full. The other customers all just stood there laughing while he tried valiantly, (but in vain), to maintain some semblance of dignity, but was not about to risk life and limb by trying to stop her.
One thought on “Week 5 – Pizzas Luisa style and Carovigno”
wow loving the photo’s and looks like a tough life over there ah..